Courtesy of GoGriffs.com
Canisius head men’s basketball coach Reggie Witherspoon announced that Takal Molson (Buffalo, N.Y.) has officially signed his NCAA National Letter of Intent to join the Golden Griffins for the 2017-18 season.
Molson, who graduated from Health Science Charter School, spent the 2016-17 academic year at TAAG Academy in Tampa, Florida.
TAKAL MOLSON | 6-5 | 195 | G | BUFFALO, N.Y. | TAAG ACADEMY (Fla.)
• Averaged 20.9 points, 5.6 rebounds and 2.7 assists per game in 2016-17 at TAAG Academy.
• Scored 30-plus points four times in 2016-17, highlighted by his 36-point effort against Trinity College.
• Had two double-doubles at TAAG Academy, including an 18-point, 15-rebound game against the College of Central Florida.
• Was good for 19.1 points and 7.1 rebounds per game in 2015-16 at St. Mary’s.
• Played quarterback for the St. Mary’s varsity football team as well.
Witherspoon on Molson: “Takal has a great fundamental understanding of the game. He’s very versatile and he has a toughness about him that will translate into this level of college basketball. I believe he is prepared for the challenge of playing in his hometown, and I hope that his signing here allows us to continue to attract the best of what Western New York has to offer. We are excited to have Takal return to Buffalo to become a Golden Griffin.”