The Outside World is a weekly recap of the best basketball writing and analysis the internet has to offer. We are going a little early this week because of the Thanksgiving Holiday.
- You’ll have to scroll quite a ways through this recap of the Pacers knocking off the Clippers, but you don’t want to miss Tim Donahue describing the point guard situation in Indiana transitioning from a “sucking chest wound to a position of stability.” It’s crazy that the impetus for this comment isn’t Darren Collison, it’s T.J. Ford and A.J. Price two of the Pacers’ three point guards from last season.
- I can’t get enough of this guy. Will someone please hire him so we can get more delusional interviews like this one?
- Your weekly Blake Griffin jaw dropper. Even Amare is impressed.
- The Raptors have sent rookie Ed Davis down to the D-League to rehab from an injury. Why isn’t this more common. Besides just using the D-League for rehab time, which seems to work very effectively in baseball, how many teams have a young player riding the bench who could benefit from playing 30 minutes a night in the D-League?
- Rahat Huq at Hardwood Paroxysm asks, What if?
- I can’t believe no one had a roster spot for Marquez Haynes this season. He’s in France right now, ripping down rims, but he’ll be in the NBA some day.